What are the benefits of performing constructability reviews during the design phase of a construction project? In a collaborative delivery system (i.e. Design-Build or Design-Assist), performing a constructability review is a value added process that Harmon provides the project team.
This process is a review of the drawings and specifications, confirming exactly the project the owner wants, and identifying potential obstacles ahead of time which can help prevent delays, errors and extra costs. A constructability may take a bit of extra time and effort, but there are several benefits to this process that make it well worth it.
The Benefits of a Constructability Review:
- Avoid delays caused by construction documents errors or omissions
- Reduces the amount change orders
- Improves communication / relations among the project team members
- Improves the overall project design
- Lowers the risk of lawsuits and claims
- Lessens the general conditions and administration cost during construction
- Provides a better understanding of the construction documents
- Improves quality
- Provides the ability to plan for difficult scope of work, logistically or technologically
- Provides the ability to plan ahead and pre-assemble components off site
Want more information about constructability reviews? Contact us here or call 913.962.5888.